My friend Melissa and I had a garage sale on Saturday. It was a success! We didn't have a ton of stuff, but it sold. Melissa was able to sell off an entire nursery set (changing table, crib, rocker, toddler bed) piece by piece. The crib was the last big item left for her and it was the one thing she really wanted to be rid of. Just as she was packing up and putting it in her van, a late customer showed up and bought it! I had a lot of little, household decor stuff and everything was priced to sell (ie $1-$3). People loved my homemade soaps and usually went away with one or two (a $1 each). I ended up making around $70 and I think Melissa made over $100. We were very happy to rid our houses of this stuff. It was all part of my nesting instinct. I was eager to get rid of nicknack's that had been laying around. I enjoyed spending the week going through closets and rooms and deciding, do I really need that?
The best part of the garage sale (for me) was going through all of Melissa's baby clothes. She's had 5 kids and 3 of them are older boys so I had a ton to choose from. She let me have whatever I wanted for free and I, in return, gave her stuff that her kids had wanted. We had a good time!
2 comments:
Looks like a very productive day!
Thanks again Garian! I did make 100 bucks! WooHoo! It was fun to just be with you too.
~Melissa
Post a Comment