Today, on my way home from having lunch with my family, I got rear ended by a drunk driver. I was sitting at a red light and she came barreling into me. There were no skid marks, so I know she had made no attempt to stop. I bumped the car in front of me and that car nearly bumped the car in front of her...which was a CHP! I was so glad the CHP was a witness to the whole event because he was able to secure the scene very quickly and he handled all the logistics of getting every one's information. Yes, the babies were in the car with me, and yes, I got the most damage...except for the car that hit me of course. That stupid driver didn't even know what was going on, she was so out of it. She got taken away in hand cuffs.
Brett had taken a separate car to lunch so he was just a few minutes behind me. I was able to pull over, call him, and give him a heads up to stop. It was nice to have him there so he could help me get the kids into his truck and talk to the cops. I drove the kids over to the pediatrician to get them checked out (they're fine) and Brett followed me over with our poor little damaged Tahoe. I gotta tell ya, I'm so glad I was in a gas guzzling SUV and not some rinky dink hybrid. I would much rather save my kids than save the planet.
Bryson was so brave. He never cried or anything. He keeps talking about our crash and reenacting it for us.
So now we're dealing with the insurance company, my whiplash, and I'll be calling the carseat companies because I believe they replace your carseats after you've been in an accident. I'm also thinking of joining MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
3 comments:
Thank God you are all ok. Yeah Bryson for being such a brave boy. I would love to see a video of his re-enactment.
WOW sooo glad everyone is okay! how scary!
YIKES! Crazy woman!! I am sorry to hear that you were injured, and so happy to know that the boys are ok. I would have been happy to be in an SUV too! I am hoping to get something bigger than my Camry soon....
Post a Comment