Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vaccines



I got my H1N1 vaccine yesterday, my flu shot about a month ago. Bryson got his H1N1 shot today, his flu shot will be tomorrow. I had to keep calling each week to see if the offices had received their shipment yet. They finally did and I was able to just walk in to my doctor's office for mine. Bryson needed an appointment but we only had to wait a day. I watch the news and see all these people waiting in line for hours. Many people complaining that they can't get it. It made me wonder...have any of my blogging friends gotten theirs? So tell me, what's been your experience with this subject?

4 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

That's great that you were able to get it, but no offense there is not enough study out there for a pregnant woman to get it. What are the effects? I read a study that the media is actually making it all a bigger deal than it really is and the people that are at most risk are smokers and fat people which we are none. It also stated that by getting the seasonal flu shot it increased your chances of getting the H1N1 flu. I still have a lot of questions and I'm not going to get it until someone pins me down and is sticking it in my arm. I don't know though...hopefully this will all pass soon and it won't have any harmful effects on children or adults alike. I just wish I could stay locked up inside my house and keep everything clean so I won't get sick.

In fact a co-worker of mine had the H1N1 and she sits less than 3 feet away from me. Her's was extremely mild, so I hope and pray that the people who do get sick don't already have an underlying condition such as a tendency to Pneumonia or COPD.

Sorry, if this seems like a lot, it's kind of a hot button issue for me. :0) Thank you for letting us express ourselves on here!

Kelly DaCosta said...

My husband and I recieved the seasonal flu and H1N1 over the last couple of weeks. Both of my boys recieved the seasonal flu but we cannot get the H1N1 unless we stand in line at one of the clinics the health dept is providing. The pediatricians do not have them and Walgreens/Target/Safeway, ect will not administer to children under 9 years.

jmezee said...

Dominic has already had H1N1 and they say you can't get in twice. I never get flu shots and I am not going to start now. I think the media is making it much more worse than it really is. Thankfully when Dominic had it no one else in the family got it from him!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Issac and I got both of the vaccines. I didn't notice any side effects, but Ike has had a runny nose for a while now.....I am still glad that we got them. (unfortunately Jarod can't get one...)