Here's Brett after about the third hike up the hill.
All I needed to hear was "honey...come look at this one" and I said, "we'll take it!!"
When we got it home we realized the mistake. It really wasn't that great of a tree. Oh well...I'm not picky, and gosh darn it, we worked hard for our Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
Bryson and his tree.
Bryson's cousins Cole and Dallas hiking up "the hill".
Brett's brother Jeff and his family. Their tree was better than ours.
So once we were done we headed for Round Table and gorged ourselves on pizza and made the trek back home. It really is a fun outing, just a lot of work.
1 comment:
I got a total chuckle out of this post. we used to do this too growing up. I hated it. honestly. and now jonathan hates the fake tree, but I loathe the idea of taking small children in the mountains where its FREEZING- walking forever to find a tree, and hauling it back home. its all about ease for me these days. im such a party pooper huh? LOL good for you...for doing it tho!!!(if we were sans kids id totally do it!) im sure your tree is beautiful!!!
Post a Comment