Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Today Mom Celebrates

These are pictures of when we first got our goats on March 27, 2013. They were a month old (born February 26th). We got them early so we could bottle feed them and bond with them. It worked! Now we let them out in the evenings to wander and eat weeds and they are always near us, never wandering too far. Today I celebrate. We fed them their last bottles this morning. Whew!! What a labor of love! Here are the pictures from today. We could have stopped bottle feeding them earlier but I wanted to finish off the bucket of goat formula. I am so happy we don't have to do this anymore!! Also happy they've bonded with us and love playing with the children. Their names are Brownie, Cupcake and Sugar Pie.

2 comments:

Maryann said...

I have to admit I'm a little jealous.:) I dream of having a couple goats myself. Someday...Only two more years of residency, right?

Justine said...

Do Brownie and Cupcake bob their heads forward and backward while they drink from the bottles? Our goats did when I was growing up. My brother used to laugh that he used to feed his school papers to one of our goats, if he got a low grade on one of his tests or assignments. :) Those animals used to eat anything!