Tuesday, December 16, 2008

49ers Game

About a month ago I had entered a contest to win 49ers tickets. It was a deal where you had to buy 4 cases of Coke product and you were automatically entered to win at the register. When the slip printed out at register, it said I wasn't a winner but I could fill out a slip, mail that in and try to win again. So I did, and on Wednesday Dec. 3rd I got a knock at the door and Fed Ex had delivered a letter. I had no idea what it was, and when I opened it, I saw 4 tickets to the 49ers/Jets game at Candlestick park for the next Sunday. I thought, what a cool wife I am and won't Brett be happy? While I'm not much of a football fan, I do enjoy going to a game, experiencing it live, and eating all the food. Brett was excited and we set out to find who could go with us. So a couple days later, on Friday Brett called me from work and said, "you'll never guess what happened. My lawyer called and offered us 5 tickets to the 49ers game." What? We now have 9 tickets to this game? Are you kidding me? We were having a hard enough time finding even two people to go with us. So what ended up happening was we invited our friend Scott to sit with us in the better seats with two empty seats next to us. Then Brett gave the other 4 tickets away to a friend and let him deal with finding buddies to go with. It turned out being a lot of fun. I brought blankets and seat cushions and enjoyed the foggy, cold weather in San Francisco. I ate my way through the game (angus burger, french fries,churro, peanuts, haagan daaz ice cream...) and loved watching my husband get excited over plays. I didn't have a clue what was happening on the field but I enjoyed the excitement of everyone else and the atmosphere.






1 comment:

bechtold clan said...

awesome! what a lot of fun! Looks cold tho!