Thursday, August 21, 2008

Elsa Letterseed Update

Good news, I won best actress for the Norther California Film Festival!
I didn't want to offically blog about it until I had the certificate in hand. Here it is!

This is a flyer from the festival.

I even got to keep a movie poster, thanks Sarah!



Brett had taken me to Modesto (where the festival was held) so we could show our support. We only stayed for the Q and A after the movie had shown and mingled with some of the crew afterwards. Some I hadn't seen in years. They all loved meeting Bryson and couldn't believe how cute he was. We didn't stay for the awards ceremony, so Sarah (the writer, director, producer of the film) called me later that night to tell me I had won.
The film also won best feature film along with two other awards. There was another Film Festival in L.A. just before this one that Sarah said we won an award for best editing.
If anyone would like a copy of the film you can check out elsaletterseed.com and you can purchase a dvd. I also have some copies I can sell to you for $10. The money will go to Sarah to help her pay off some of the bills from making "Elsa". My friend Brooke wants to have a movie night so all my friends can finally see it. I'm toying with the idea. It is cool to see someone you know in a film, I could understand that, and since I'm not very humble...maybe I will have a movie night and promote shamelessly how amazing an actress I am.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Congrats on the win! BTW cute dress.

bechtold clan said...

wow- so impressed...congrats

Rudy said...

So awesome! The movie night sounds great! I'd come!