
Remember the independent film I was in? It's been nominated for best feature film at the Northern California Film Festival happening this weekend, August 16th, in Modesto. I'm also up for best actress! Can you believe it? How exciting. I'm meeting the cast and crew there for an "Elsa Letterseed" reunion. I can't wait! The screening for "Elsa" is at 11:30 am at the State Theatre in Modesto. Then they want to do a Q and A with us around 1pm. The awards ceremony is later that night at 8pm. It's going to be a long day, so I'm leaving Bryson home with Brett, but I'm still very excited to go. In case some of you haven't heard about my movie, here's the website, elsaletterseed.com. Check out the fun facts and the behind the scenes photos, fun.
Also, here's the website to the film festival, norcalfilmfest.com.
Wish me luck. Last I looked, there was only one other girl up for best actress, so I have a good shot!
About "Elsa Letterseed":
Elsa Letterseed is a dramatic narrative accounting the life of a young woman trying to regain her purpose and redeem her value as an individual. Elsa was a rich and famous violin prodigy as a child. A phenomenon which sometimes occurs during puberty leaves Elsa without her gift and unable to continue performing. Her parents put her into a hospital to ‘rest’ overnight which turns into a 5 year stay. After committing Elsa her parents lavish lifestyle is cut short when they are killed in a plane accident while running off to South America. The story begins as Elsa, now out of the Hospital, is destitute and struggling merely to survive. She has been forced to sell almost all of her valued possessions to stay alive and is now reaching the end, both materially and mentally. And that’s just the beginning…
Elsa’s life is an intricate puzzle of great successes and greater deception as she leads a life of suffering at the hands of those she loved and trusted most. Along the tortured path of her life there are unexpected sources of support that protect and guide her through a maze of truly extraordinary events. Elsa’s journey from despair, to the beginning of a new life brings together an intriguing cast of characters, each seeking hope and purpose. With the help of her family and friends, Elsa learns that every life is important - and that IS the purpose of life, to see EVERY life as important.
This is an inspirational film with a great, intriguing story, without gratuitous sex, violence or language.
3 comments:
Good Luck!
how did everything go????
I won best actress! Brett ended up taking me, with Bryson, and we only stayed for the Q and A after the film previewed. My director called me after the awards ceremony (8:45 pm) and told me I had won. Elsa also won best Feature Film, along with 2 other awards. We swept it! I'll blog more once I have the certificate. I'm also getting a poster from the movie.
Post a Comment