Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Project

I've been influenced by Katie's blog. She is a very crafty person and I would like to strive to accomplish some of the things she can do. I grew up with Katie (she's a few years younger than me) and we were in the same ward for years. Her whole family is very musical and talented. On her blog she shows some of the outfits she has made for her children and herself. Here's a skirt she made for her daughters first day of school in New York. It has cursive writing and an apple button accent. Could you just die!


So I went out and bought a bunch of material and a few patterns, hoping I could accomplish something just as cute for my little boy. I've already cut out the material for a cowboy themed jacket and trousers.

Here's the catch...I don't own a sewing machine!!!
In fact, all my sewing needs can be summed up with little tin can (a christmas present from mom). Have I put the cart before the horse?

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

I know Katie is pretty talented! I think you should totally get a sewing machine and see what you can come up with....also there is this great website that sells all things handmade....etsy.com

raegan said...

I know what you mean about Katie. Very talented and does stuff the night before. Thanks about your comment about seing the picts on Ambers site. I didn't bring my camera so no picts here. Love ya.